Those who are familiar with the term “mushrooming” are certainly informed about how many different species of mushrooms there are in the world, and how powerful, yet sometimes very dangerous, these fungi can be for every living creature.
However, the “meat” of the vegetable world is very high in fiber, very rich in various minerals and vitamins, in particular selenium, cooper, potassium and Vitamins B, while very low in calories.
Very famous in Chinese, Japanese, European and Korean cuisine, mushrooms have also been used for dying natural fibbers and wool, while some fungi, for instance polypore, have been used as fire starters.
As for the medical usage, some mushrooms are used in radiation treatment and chemotherapy, whereas the other shows antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti diabetic and cardiovascular potentials.
The story about a Polish professor who managed to cure liver cancer during his stay in India is the best introduction that can present healing powers that Tibetan mushrooms posses. Moreover, he was the one who brought this mushroom in Europe.
Before Tibetan mushroom gain so much popularity in Europe, only Tibetan monks knew its benefits and values because they were the one who cultivated it.
As mushrooms in general, Tibetan mushroom also has the high nutritional content, as for the vitamins and minerals, these fungus contains vitamins A, D, and E, zinc, iron, selenium, cooper, and molybdenum.
In the world of health this fungi is called “living remedy” because of the kefir, a probiotic milk containing lactic acid bacteria, which is in fact fermented Tibetan mushroom.
The “History” Of Kefir
Kefir has its origins from the shepherds of the Caucasus Mountains. One legend says that kefir was a gift from God and that the prophet Muhammad blessed the grains. The people were instructed on how to make kefir and were told not to share the secret with anyone because kefir would lose its “magic strength”.
Russia tells us the story of Irina Sakharova, an employee of the Blandov brothers, two cheese makers who were instructed to search for the secret of kefir.
Irina was to bewitch the Caucasian prince Bek-Mirza Barchorov and to steal the kefir grains. The prince refused to give up the grains, as well as Irina. The Blandov brothers rescued Irina, and together they brought the case against the prince to the Czar’s court.
The Prince lost the case, and offered Irina gold and jewels, but she insisted on kefir grains, and finally in 1908 she was famous for bringing the first batch of kefir grains in Moscow.
Health Benefits Of Kefir
Scientists have been fascinated with the healing characteristics of kefir, and they discovered that kefir has anti-bacterial, and antifungal effects and anti-allergic properties. It has been noted that this milk has a significant role in the healing and restoration of damaged nerve cells and as a result, it can improve person’s cognitive abilities.
Moreover, Kefir is incredible mood transformer, because of the polysaccharide grains that have aphrodisiac properties.
• Control psoriasis and eczema,
• Enhance the immune system,
• Suspend aging cells therefore has youthful effect and influence on the skin and body cells,
• Normalize metabolism and appetite thus, influence on the weight lose,
• Restore the micro flora in digestive system,
• Lower blood sugar and normalize blood pressure,
• Relax the nervous system and improve memory and attention,
• Cure Candida, liver disease and gallbladder,
• Treat gastritis, pancreatitis, and stomach ulcers,
• Influence significantly in treatments of inflammatory diseases,
• Treat heart diseases and clean blood vessels,
• Alleviate symptoms of diarrhea and chronic constipation,
• Stop the growth of cancer cells,
• Help with depression and sleep disorders,
• Influence on the speed of the process of healing bruises,
• Decrease lactose intolerance,
• Help with irregular diets,
• Regulates the state of fatigue and boost energy, and
• Completely clear the organism from heavy metals, chemical antibiotics, kidney stones, pathogen microorganisms.
Although not all of the healing properties and benefits have been scientifically proven, kefir milk surely is a tremendous living remedy that has great potential waiting to be described and confirmed.
One thing is for sure, more and more people are focusing their attention on this fungus, because, above all, Tibetan mushroom is without any doubt a powerful immune system booster, and it has been for centuries.
Images credit: 123RF Stock Photo